The Light, The Headrow, LS1 8TL
Step onto a pirate galleon in the middle of a battle for control of the High Seas. Your captain, the terrifying Blackbeard, has just been killed and his ship is shot to pieces and sinking fast.
based on ratings from 22 users
combined with 4 pro reviews
If you also set a star rating, the star rating won't be shown anywhere but will still be used when calculating the game's overall score on Escape The Review.
Another visit to Escape Hunt! Yet again the theme is really immersive! I did prefer the other two rooms I’ve done here, a few things felt a bit worn out or broken even though the room was new, but it is still worth a visit!
Well i just know where to start. Im not sure if i nearly walked out of this room due to the room itself or due to the Game Master operating the game. Perhaps a bit of both
On first impressions, the theming and decor of the room was great. Lots to look at, some puzzles immediately available and a great sized space. After about 20 mins of progress we got to a sticking point. We knew exactly what we had to do but we couldnt execute it. Sadly, it was an Aural puzzle and both me and my teammate are tone deaf so we literally had not a hope in hells chance of ever being able to complete it. The games Master saw us struggling for several minutes and then asked if we wanted a clue. we said yes and she started waffling on about another puzzle that wasn't related and didn't need solving yet.
15 minutes later she is still on the intercom trying to give us clues but quite frankly, they were abysmal. Tried telling us there were 3 notes only we needed, turns out there were 5. She even tried walking us through it by telling us to start with the 4th. turned out to be the 8th. She gave us 12 instructions, turns out only needed 7. If you are not able to complete sound based puzzles, then you're sc**wed in this room, especially if you have a Games Master that clearly hasn't got a clue.
As for the room itself, so many props were damaged or broken. I know that a sinking pirate ship is not going to be perfect, but when there is a difference between being with the theme or plain broken then there is an issue.
At the end of the room (thankfully we got out without walking out) i told the GM about things being broken. I even took a supposed "fixed" item to show her and was greeted with her response of "well thats your opinion". Clearly not when im holding the prop in question.
I would not recommend this room
**DISCLAIMER - The assistant manager overheard our displeasure after the game, apologised on behalf of the GM (who we found out is actually leaving, and offered us to play another room Free of Charge, of which we found to be a good room. See my review of Our Finest Hour***
Reviews by escape room review sites
Our least favourite game that we have played at Escape Hunt. The puzzles could have been really good but their execution was somewhat lacking. An enjoyable game overall however
- Escape Hunt Birmingham: Blackbeard's Treasure (Birmingham)
- Escape Hunt Oxford: Blackbeard's Treasure (Oxford)
- Escape Hunt Edinburgh: Blackbeard's Treasure (Edinburgh) (closed)
- Escape Hunt Bristol: Blackbeard's Treasure (Bristol)
- Escape Hunt Manchester: Blackbeard's Treasure (Manchester)
- Escape Hunt Reading: Blackbeard's Treasure (Reading)
- Escape Hunt Liverpool: Blackbeard's Treasure (Liverpool)
- Escape Hunt Play At Home: Blackbeard's Treasure (remote livestream)
- Escape Hunt Basingstoke: Blackbeard's Treasure (Basingstoke)
- Escape Hunt Lakeside: Blackbeard's Treasure (West Thurrock)
- Escape Hunt Kingston: Blackbeard's Treasure (Kingston upon Thames)
- Escape Hunt Watford: Blackbeard's Treasure (Watford)
- Escape Hunt Milton Keynes: Blackbeard's Treasure (Milton Keynes)